- Dogs see in color, but not the same way that we do. Veterinary ophthalmologists have found that dogs are similar to people with red/green color blindness, meaning they can see bluish and greenish shades but not reddish ones. To a dog, a bright orange ball on a grassy lawn appears as a light greenish ball in greenish grass. Go fetch!
- Contrary to popular belief, dogs do not sweat by salivating. They sweat through the pads of their feet.
- The heaviest dog ever weighed 319 pounds.
- The oldest dog ever died at age 29
- A female cat may have three to seven kittens every four months. This is why having your pets spayed and neutered is so important.
- Over 50% of all pet owners would rather be stranded on a desert island with their pet, not another person.
- A cat can jump as much as 7 times its height.
- An estimated 1 million dogs in the United States have been named the primary beneficiary in their owner's will.
- When teaching a puppy to come, begin by getting down to his level so he will not be encouraged to jump up on you.
- If you're finding it difficult to teach your dog to catch a ball, try tossing something soft like a knotted piece of fabric instead. Some dogs find softer items easier to catch.
- The time to start teaching your dog to sit and stay is the day you bring her home.
- Train your dog from day one, so she will think of you as the leader of the pack. Dogs instinctively want to earn the pack leader's approval
- The most important thing you can teach your dog is to sit and stay on command. Any time you are having behavioral problems with your dog, begin your training by reteaching him to sit and stay.
- When a small dog is aggressive toward people, don't pick him up. This only reinforces the behavior since he will see it as a reward.
- NEVER punish a puppy for chewing..... just be sure to provide the appropriate objects. Puppies need to chew to stimulate the loss of their baby teeth and to help place their permanent teeth.
- Dogs and cats turn in circles before lying down because in the wild this instinctive action turns long grass into a bed.
- At birth puppies are deaf, blind, and have almost no sense of smell. They stay near their mother and siblings because of the warmth
- A dog can suffer from a poor self-image, just like humans. Bolster self-esteem with praise, affection and rewards.
- Professional pet sitting and dog walking service; taking care of your pets is our full-time job and top priority
- Fully insured pet sitters and dog walkers
- Professional members of PUPS
- A fifteen year old cat has probably spent ten years of its life sleeping.
- A cat will almost never meow at another cat. Cats use this sound for humans.
Call Crofton Dog Walkers today!
We hope to see you soon!
**does not apply to overnight stays
In Annapolis? Call our sister company